Word Filled Wednesday: PSALM 150:4-6

This is my first entry in Word-filled Wednesday! Our God is awesome and most worthy of praise!This instrument is popular in the Southern islands of the Philippines and one of the oldest music-maker among the Muslim tribes. We believe that all instruments are from the Lord and they all have their rightful place in the Worship-life of His people. "

"Kulintang" is the singer gong set of the whole Kulintang ensemble composed of five other gongs [Gandingan, a set of four and Agong the father gong] led by a drum called "Dabakan". Everytime I and my bandmates play these beauties during the Praise and Worship celebration, we can't help but rejoice in the Lord with dancing. It livens up our ethnicity which truly longs to be identified in the Living God. Indeed, if the breathing creatures cease to worship Him, the Lord can make these inanimate objects sing for Him. May we not forget from whence all help comes. May we not cease to praise our Creator God! PRAISE YE THE LORD!CH

16 Hearts who chimed in:

A happy heart at home said...

Praise the Lord!

Today I posted my first Word-filled Wednesday, too.

~Susan

Denise said...

Very nice verse and picture.

ellen b. said...

Praise the Lord! I'd love to hear this instrument...

Tracy said...

Welcome to WFW! I love this scripture. It always reminds me of David praising with reckless abandon...undignified and filled with joy! How I'd love to hear what this sounds like! = )

Kristi said...

I'm so glad that you joined us. Your WFW pciture and verse is beautiful. I agree, may we never cease to praise God. Oh, He is so worthy of our best praise.

lori said...

I JUST got to reading your Well post....WONDERFUL..
Those boys and girls are SO different and do require different styles...same prayers, just different ways of going about it...
PRAYER is the ONLY way through it!!
thank you for joining us at the well! I also LOVE this WFW post...Let EVeryTHING that has breath praise the Lord....what a great one for today!!

Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to WFW and what an awesome image of praising our Heavenly Father! I especially just love how you shared about the "Kulintang" beautiful!!

Your comment on my post was so sweet, thank you and praying you have a wonderful day!

Leaon Mary said...

Praising the Lord with you!
That is just wonderful! I've never seen those before and really want to hear their "song." whooHoOOo Love finding about NEW things!
Lea
<*)))><

Laurie Ann said...

Joining with you in praising our Savior! Beautiful pic and verse. Happy WFW!

Amydeanne said...

what a neat picture! Praising the Lord is awesome isn't it?

and yes, it's my girls in last week and this weeks post! I have 4 little ones, so they are in my posts often! :)

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Praise the Lord! I love singing and music to praise our Lord. This WFW looks quite nice. Welcome to WFW.

We have a large Filipino community and 2 Filipino priests at our church and there is so much joy and happiness in the music and singing. Simbang Gabi has become a very special tradition for us.

Melanie said...

Welcome to WFW... so glad you joined us this week!

One of my favorite ways to praise the Lord is thru music.

Happy WFW!

Jenelle said...

How cool!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Thanks for sharing! Love the verse/photo!

Have a great day!
Cheryl

God Chaser said...

Praise the Lord thank you

Nancie said...

Praise the Lord! How we need to remember to do that always. Thanks for sharing with us and welcome to WFW! So glad you are joining us. Happy WFW!

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!