Thankful Thursday: TREASURES

Hi! This is my first Thankful Thursday and I am blessed for this privilege of sharing my TREASURES in Jars of Clay. today, my CWO Daily Snippets from the Word gives a timely reminder to what I should thank God for online.
And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way,
thy faith hath made thee whole. (Luke 17:19)
I now lay down my TREASURES before you out of my heart's abundance to God who has made me whole. I am thankful for...

  • T-IME. My time here on earth is still ticking so I can live, love and soar for God's greater glory. I am grateful for my life which our Abba lengthens not for my own selfish use but for the furtherance of His kingdom. There were times when Christian life is a walk down Via Dolorosa, but His grace never failed to sustain me. What I am and what I have are all because of G.R.A.C.E. "God's Riches At Christ's Expense". Hallelujah!
  • R -ELATIONSHIPS. One of my greatest riches are the lives God used to touch me and the lives God allowed for me to touch. I praise God for my family and my church which energize me to fulfill my calling, pursue my passion and carry my burden. I am a happy part of the body. I sure can never accomplish for the Lord apart from His body. Amen!
  • E -ARLY MORNINGS. More than the early morning cries of my babies for their regular "milk session", I praise God for my Samuel experiences being awaken from sleep for an early Abba-child conference. I do not always open the Bible when He wakes me up because sometimes He just wants me to bask in His presence. That is priceless! He, not me, starts my day. Sweet time of refreshing!
  • A -FFECTION. I am an affectionate person that is why I appreciate the stories in the Bible about Jesus being personal and affectionate towards women. I usually imagine Jesus carrying me on His lap, wrapping me gentlly with His arms and whispering to me His words of comfort and encouragement as I meditate on His Word. The Scripture becomes an instant balm to my tired and weary heart. Thank God for my new role as a parent that teaches me so much about our Abba's unconditional, dependable and faithful love. He does not have to put on flesh for me to feel Him. His Word says He's here... I believe it.
  • S -CRIPTURES. The Bible is God's love-letter to me. There I see the unchanging image of His glory, the testimony of the faithful God with mortal beings like me, the reality of the Holy Spirit's existence, and all about His mercy and justice. My soul it never ceases to quench the thirst; my heart it never fails to satisfy; my mind it never misses to discipline. I am indeed like a tree planted beside the river. He makes my ways straight. His Word is sweeter than honey to me. Without it, I think I would literally die.
  • U -NDERSTANDING. I am a product of encouragement. Not many people understand me, but to the few, they are God sent clay people who were gifted with quickness in listening and slowness in speech and anger. They stretch their understanding with mercy and season their counsel with grace. These special people reflect the love and understanding of my bestfriend Jesus, and for them I am most grateful.
  • R -EPOSE IN THE RAIN. The Philippines is stricken with heavenly outpours. August, my birth month, is approaching, and with it comes more Typhoons and floods. But ever since I was a child, the rain's pouring sound soothens me physically, emotionally and even spiritually. It silences my noisy thoughts and weariness. It calms me, causing my restlessness to be still. In the quietness of the after-rain, I find it easier to listen to my inner self and to connect to God. Thank God for a moment of ease in the midst of clatter and busy-ness.
  • E - NTRIES. My blogging life has just started, but I feel like I've been blogging for so long in the hearts of the few people I ministered to. There are too many stories of victories and triumphs etched in my colored heart that are yet to be written. I praise God for the opportunity to be able to write my faith-thoughts down, however limited my space entries are supposed to be, because I am able to touch some readers too whose hearts are like mine - broken and renewed. I also praise God for my new spiritual mentors on the net. Their entries echo my heart. The truth stings... but the wise will embrace it like a bosom friend.
  • S -ALVATION. Last, but definitely not the least, I praise God for my eternal hope that is in Christ Jesus, Who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. If not for Him, this blogging life is a sheer waste of time. He did not just saved me from my wretchedness, He also called me to take part in His Master plan. He sustains my excitement in reaching more souls for Him through witnessing and intercession. I have not even fully enjoyed other spiritual blessings that come with my salvation... too many to unpack. All good gifts come from God, and I am so blessed!
Thanks for reading through. If you think you have so much to thank God for, join us every Thursday at Sting My Heart. Read Iris' thanks-filled entry today about Relationships and sign up to be a part of this wonderful Thursday meme. Please leave an encouragement for me, will you?
"In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus
concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

12 Hearts who chimed in:

Joyfulsister said...

This was beautiful to read, thank you for sharing this with us today. I have never seen it done this way and I think it truly brings out a heart that is filled with gratitude and praise for the Lord. I enjoyed my visit. Blessings Lorie

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad that you joined us. Your thankful heart is very beautiful.

Nancie said...

Great thankful list! I love your TREASURES. They are mine too. You write very beautifully and I am really glad to "meet" you. So thankful you are joining us for Thankful Thursday. I can sense your deep love for our Lord. Praise Him. Surely you will be a blessing to many. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless!

Tracy said...

What a beautiful list of Thankfuls! I'm so glad you joined us. What a blessing your post is. I hope you have a wonderful day, and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thankful heart...TC

Mine is here

Michele Williams said...

Thank you for sharing your treasures list with us. You write beautifully. You touched my heart.

Addicted to Beadz said...

What a great post. God is working through you! Thanks for sharing your TT! I'll pray for your Mother-in-Law.

Thanks for visiting and your sweet comments.

Blessings!
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Colored Heart,

I loved reading over your blog. Welcome to Thankful Thursday. This is the one weekly meme I contribute to because giving thanks to the Lord is a privilege.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your TT post plus the quotes from others. I know many of these blogger and they are precious. Just as you. I am really looking forward to knowing you more. Hugs, Lynn

A happy heart at home said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you so much for that. And thank you, too, for commenting on my blog and for adding me to your Kindred Clayhearts list! :)

About the afghan: I've joined two of the nine rectangles. One more will make one strip, so I will eventually have three strips to join and then make the border around it. I think it's going to be a big afghan!

Have a wonderful weekend!

~Susan

Laurie Ann said...

What a beautiful heart and blog you have! Thank you so much for your encouraging words, and welcome to Thankful Thursday.

Susan said...

Wow, what a neat list post of thankful things.

Your blog is so nice!

Thanks for stopping by the other day, and hey, I'll be thinking of you on your birthday this year for sure.

Blessings to you my friend♥

Anonymous said...

This is a great meme! Thanks for sharing your list, it inspired me to be thankful.

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!