BlogLines That Stung My Heart Today: ThTh

Thankful Thursday was an awesome experience. I never thought my Jars of Clay will be this full after reading tremendous praise and thanks items from different women of faith. However trivial some may seem for others, these women proudly wrote them out of their abundance. Extravagant worshippers indeed! The testimonies of God's faithfulness are overwhelming. Here are some bloglines I read today that stung my heart. Oh, tissue please!
Thank you Lord for what health I do have because I know that there are so many more that suffer so much more on a daily basis.
Thank you Lord for my loving daughter who takes care of me even though she also suffers from autoimmune diseases. Heather is worth more than a thousand children!
-Michele (with multiple chronic illnesses) of Michele's Morsels
To be able to thank God for the little graces of everyday is to have a bigger mustard seed of faith. Michele must have a garden full of mustard.
I am thankful that my three little boys have all grown up to be men: God loving, good husbands, great dads, responsible sons. -Princess of The CooknTcher Mom
I hope to be able to say that about my little boy 20-25 years from now. Aah... tissue.
Nothing is too big for my God nor impossible. I feel that He has looked down on me and heard all of the prayers that have been sent heavenward on my behalf and has answered them. What a glorious God! And what a great bunch of bloggers that have interceded in my behalf - I can never thank them enough. -Cousin with cancer of Cheryl of Hope for Each Day
What a growing family we have here in Thankful Thursday! My friend and blog mentor Roselle of Reflexes is suggesting to put a prayer box here at my site, and she volunteered to be a prayer partner. Now I am seriously thinking about it. I need a good widget for this, Lord.
IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOU
...I have but one sole object - That thou should'st fruitful be!
And is it not thy longing That I much fruit should see?
Then shrink not from the training I needs must give to thee;
I know just how to make thee What I would have thee be.
Remember that I love thee! Think not I am unkind,
When trials come to prove thee, And joy seems left behind... ()
-Nancie of More Than Conquerors
Before she quoted this old poem written by Alice C. Lefroy, she thanked God for this encouraging piece of literature that reminded her of God's love and care. What a sweet soul.
Due to my diabetes, nerve damage has set in my hip. It will be numb for the rest of my life. But, I am ok with this. I am not going to dwell upon the negatives, only concentrate on God and His love for me. My prayer is that nerve damage will not set in my legs, I truly do not want to lose the use of my legs. If that should happen at some point in my life, I will accept it. I will continue to rest securely in God, and let Him carry me in His loving arms.
-Denise of Shortybears Place
Another surrendered soul who trusts God's higher thoughts and ways. I think I really need to put up a prayer ministry for my new space friends. Lord, if it is your will, let it be done... you know what I mean. More tissue... please?
And I am thankful for the relationships that are not friendships, but that help me grow and stand firm in what I believe in. I think that our Lord puts some people in our lives to make us stronger - stronger in faith and reliance on Him...
-Iris of Sting My Heart
The not-friends are still relationships to be thankful for. Iris wrote well her faith-thoughts on this, and I too thank God for these people. I become a better person around them.

3 Hearts who chimed in:

Michele Williams said...

Thank you so much for featuring my post of Thanks on your blog. My goal on the blog is to uplift, encourge and sometimes amuse.

Your post uplifted my spirit at a time I truly needed encouragement. Thank you. Isn't God Awesome!

I hold fast to the Lords promise in Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

He is the source of my strength - I have claimed Psalm 18:29 “In YOUR strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall." Not my strength but the Lord's! Praise Him!

I look forward to a long blog friendship.
God Bless,
Michele

Nancie said...

Thank you for quoting "It Matters To Me About You." Thank God for His love for us and encouraging us through so many ways.

Thanks for sharing other portions that stung your heart on Thankful Thursday. They stung my heart too :)

We serve such a great and mighty God! He is good to bless us with so many blessings through blogging. I have never imagine this to be possible! Praise God.

Thanks for your kind friendship and visits. May God bless you abundantly and continue to make you a blessing to many. Take care!

Denise said...

You really bless me.

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!