Then Sings My Soul Saturdays: BLESS MY SON



This is the prayer song I sang for my son during his Dedication Day. I could have sung it like Rita Baloche, but I got carried away by the sniffing and teary-eyed girlfriends of mine during the event. I praise God for the singer, Nancy Gordon and Martin J. Nystrom for creating this music. We never get tired listening to all the music in the album Bless My Little Boy. I recommend this a must-have to all mom's library. Have a blessed time listening.

Click here to listen to the music.


BLESS MY SON
Nancy Gordon & Martin J. Nystrom

May he have the faith of Abraham
may he have the boldness of Paul
May he have a heart like David
Always seeking God,
Always seeking God.
Chorus:
Father God, bless my son
May he grow to be a man of God.
May he have the wisdom of Solomon
May he have the patience of Job
May he be a leader like Joshua
Always full of hope,
Always full of hope.
May he have the courage of Daniel
May he have the love of John
May he know Your voice like Samuel
Always obey God,
Always obey God.


For more inspirational entries, visit Amy Wyatt of Signs, Miracles and Wonders.

5 Hearts who chimed in:

Joyfulsister said...

Aww he is so precious!!!
Bless his lil heart.I loved the words to the song as well. That was my prayer for my children who are now on their own. sometimes they stray away but they know they can always come back and his loving arms are always open to welcome them back.

Hugz Lorie

Denise said...

So very, very precious.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Hi sweet friend,


I'm so slow in thanking you for the award you so kindly bestowed on me for July!

It seems since I started my new job a few weeks ago, I haven"t been able to get much visiting and reading blogs or commenting. Ihope once I'm all settled in w/ this job I can get a handle.

Thank you once again! I read a bit on your blog and it is great.
Oh, hqppy birthday!

Cheryl

Michele Williams said...

How precious! I love the prayer song. I have never heard of it before. Thank you for sharing. Your son is such a cuttie! This grandma is giving him (and you) a great big hug!!

Marty Nystrom said...

Hello, I am Marty Nystrom, cowriter of Bless My Son. Thank you so much for including the song on your blog. May it be a blessing to many. Nancy Gordon and I wrote this song in 1992 and it was included on an album with the same title by Integrity Music. God bless, Marty Nystrom
martynystrom.com

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!