God Stop Friday: God Speaks

Last week, Patty of GIRLFRIENDS IN GOD shared with us a psalm...
For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord, I sing for joy at the works of your hands. How great are your works , O Lord, how profound your thoughts. Psalm 92:4-5
She posed to us two questions which I intend to answer as my first GOD STOP FRIDAY entry. It is still Thursday in US, and probably, she is on her way to posting her August 1 GSF. Nonetheless, I will let her questions guide me this afternoon.
How has God revealed himself to you this week? If you have a special verse that has spoken to you this week will you please share with us?
The sky is clearer after this morning till early afternoon's strong rainfall in Quezon City, the city in the Philippines where I live. God spoke to me through the changing shades and temperature of my surrounding. The weather here shifts quickly to extremes. This week, there were days when our mornings were pretty much gloomy while the afternoon skies were bright and sunny. We had something like this picture which I just downloaded from Google images.

"Long ago God spoke to the fathers by the prophets at different times and in different ways. In these days, He has spoken to us by His Son." Hebrews 1:1
God actively speaks. Through this picture, I was reminded of God's love etched in almost anything He and His Son has created even before mankind was born. God speaks in many ways that is why the Holy Spirit's guidance is crucial. I need for Him to make me sensitive both to His written and unwritten words. Jesus through the Bible, God's body, prayer and circumstances are all being used by God to speak to me. He speaks. He communes with me. And, I must stop. I must listen.

2 Hearts who chimed in:

Joyfulsister said...

Hi My Sister~~
I know you read my testimony about my daughter and he has revealed to me his faithfulness and attentiveness to our prayers. My Dad is from the Philippines he was born in Ilocos Norte, not sure of the spelling, I was hoping to go and visit and see his home country b he passed away and we never got a chance to take that trip together.
It is very nice to meet you.
Hugz Lorie

Michele Williams said...

You write beautifully. What a beautiful reminder of God's love. I need to be more in tune to his written and unwritten words. We see his love in all of creation and we take it for granted.
Thank you again for such a beautiful post.

Blessings,
Michele

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!