Word Filled Wednesday: Jeremiah 31:13

Here's my Word-filled post. I can't make it bigger, but the verse is found in Jeremiah 31:13. This is a picture of our Praise and Worship Filipiniana version. Remember my picture post last week, the Kulintang? Meet the whole band, making the ethnic music and movement at home in a city church like ours. This was taken during our church anniversary 2 years ago. Our worship band is called Misyon:Samba [Mission:Worship] while the dance group is called Sayaw ala-Yahweh [Dance offered to Yahweh]. We really had a full and blessed time of worship, singing, dancing and praying for our missionaries.
The bamboo dance shown here is a typical Muslim community dance in Mindanao particularly in Zamboanga and Davao. There are many efforts now reaching their communities so that they too may hear the saving story about Issa Almasi [Jesus Christ].

This is a promise to the people of God, Israel, that with their liberty they shall have abundance and joy, and God shall be honored and served with it ( Jeremiah 31:12,13). When they shall have returned to their own land they shall come and sing in the high place of Zion; on the top of that holy mountain they shall sing to the praise and glory of God. They so did as what was foretold in Ezra 3;11. Amazing how we in Christ can claim this promise of turning our mourning into dancing when we make Him our Lord.

Trivia:
Can you spot me?
Clue:
I'm standing near the screen!


Have a blessed Word-filled Wednesday, my spiritual siblings!

9 Hearts who chimed in:

Nancie said...

Thank God that He turns our mourning into dancing when we make Him our Lord! What an encouragement! Thanks for sharing. Take care and God bless.

Kristi said...

This is a great WFW. I just love to see your photos and culture. Blessings to you.

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your life, I love learning about you my friend.

lori said...

Hey there! Jeremiah is the GUY today, huh..I LOVE this verse..it's sooo full of HOPE and JOY...I need to pass this on to a dear friend of mine...thank you for sharing today!

peace...
lori

Michele Williams said...

Love the verse! I enjoy learning more about your. Thank you for your ministry.

Tracy said...

Awesome and powerful scripture! Thank you for sharing this my friend! = )

Melanie said...

I love this scripture and so thankful for comfort and joy from the Lord.

Happy WFW!

Amydeanne said...

what a neat picture! Thanks for sharing that with us! and your in the purple skirt??

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

That looks like so much fun and rejoicing. Yea! Praise the Lord.

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!