Then Sings My Soul Saturdays: Through It All

This week bore my firsts in CWO Meme. I met new bloggers from different memes and I am so glad to participate today in one of the memes that may just be closest to my heart. Not that the others are less enjoyable to do, but that as a professional musician and an active worship minister, sharing my meditation on the songs I love is something I need to do. Sharing makes one rehearse her lessons by heart, and so here is my first entry: THROUGH IT ALL by Hillsong. Please click the title to view the video.
THROUGH IT ALL

You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons

Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness
And I look to You, And I wait on You

I will sing to You, Lord
A hymn of love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all

Hallelujah, hallelujah
The first time this song was introduced in our church, I was not on stage with the Praise and Worship team. Usually, when I am assigned to serve on stage, I rehearse and perform with focus on the technicalities so as not to get too emotional which is detrimental to having a good vocal performance. It has been my rule to do the meditation part at home, and click on the performance mode when I step on the stage. If you are a singer, a speaker or someone appointed by God to stand before a crowd, you sure do understand it when I say it is just difficult to deliver the message with stuffy nose, blurry eyes, and constricted throat.

Going back to the day when I first heard this song, I was really thankful then that I was not on the spotlight to lead the people in worshiping Him. The melodies turned stringy out of my emotional well, and I just had a trance, like I was transported before the holy presence of God in the heavenlies. There I stood with shaking knees, telling God how grateful I am for my salvation; for giving me the grace to even say "You are forever in my life"; for seeing me through all the seasons in my life; for clothing me with His righteousness that I may stand worthy of all His riches which I do not deserve. I tried opening my eyes to see more of the lyrics displayed at the screen by the leftmost corner of the stage, but the tears get in the way. And so I opted to shut my physical vision, open my spiritual eyes and return to my solace state before His throne. My voice muscles buckled, and so I let my heart soar along with the chorus line. That was the release part of the song. Flashbacks of the moments when I prayed vigorously out of brokenness and remorse came to me. Each picture was like a tablow in a book page, and in every turn His loving image vividly appeared holding my hand, walking beside me, carrying me, laughing with me... and in every turn, I was in awe.
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Romans 8:35-37
Thank you, Abba, for your sweet promises. I am forever yours. Your love will NEVER let me go... through it all.

The vocal arrangement of the backup singers moved me as well. I sang the Alto part, but with my inner voice which sounds better, I suppose, after breaking down in tears. It did not matter because the song became my prayer of praise to God. I chose to sing silently, and think through my life, if it really echoed the truths of this song.

Do they see my life experiencing God?
Will they say God saw me through all the seasons of my life?
Can they see the hand of God working in me unto righteousness?
Am I really focused in looking up to Him for everything?
Will God say I really waited on Him?

The band segued to the next song, but I was left thinking and singing with my heart, dwelling on the words "...I'm carried in everlasting arms, You'll never let me go through it all". Yes, I know that truth. I just have to let it go deep down my heart, to renew me daily, to empower me in doing my everyday assignments... He is the Omni-present God. He is with me 24/7. He will never fail.

If you want to join this meme hosted by Amy Wyatt, sign up at her blog site SIGNS, MIRACLES AND WONDERS. Her Friday post is "Canine Assistants Graduation song".

15 Hearts who chimed in:

agapesmansion said...

Welcome and thank you for sharing!

Sheila said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your time of worship with us too!

Sheila

Deborah said...

You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand

I love these words. Thank you for sharing. When I saw the title, I thought I knew the song...but this on is a new one for me. I love it.

Deborah

Mocha with Linda said...

I'm like boutcrazy. Thought it was the old "Through it All". Thanks for introducing me to a new song!

LAURIE said...

Thank you for sharing with us on TSMSS! Truly one of my favorite memes to participate in because it ushers me into worship when I listen to all of the videos and meditate upon all the wonderful words of encouragement that is shared by so many on this day.

Thank you for your sweet comment on my post also. IT MADE MY DAY! to hear you say I look young...actually my son who got married yesterday is 23 but we also have a older son - he is 25. (the younger ones are 18 and 13).

Truly the song you spoke of ... THROUGH IT ALL... has gotten me not only thru the past year but thru many trials, tribulations, joys and blessings. Our God has been with me through it all and because of Him I can make it through it all!!

Be blessed today! - Laurie

Mindy said...

Such a beautiful worship song! I love it!

Leaon Mary said...

Your song was just beautiful and I loved reading your heart through your post tonight.
I look very forward to reading more and getting to know you better!
God bless you sister!
Lea

Maisie said...

I need to wait on Him. But, I just get so impatient. And I keep thinking with this human brain of mine. This song is a great reminder to look to Him and to wait on Him.

Amy Wyatt said...

So glad you found us and joined in on TSMS Saturday. I hope you enjoyed it and will come join us again. Great song choice!

Michele Williams said...

Thank you for introducing me to a new song. Thank you for blessing my heart today.

Cristine said...

Great worship song. Hillsong always does it up right. This is new to me, so I really enjoyed it. Your post was neat too. Thanks for sharing.

Cristine

Denise said...

Such a precious song.

Amydeanne said...

hey, on Friday my oldest daughter and I saw a heart in the clouds just like the one you posted here! That's wild! We talked about this very thing!

Carmen said...

Colorful Heart...this is beautiful.

our LORD bless and keep you...you're a precious spirit!

baruch ADONAI!!!
"But there is only one thing that is essential. Miryam (Mary) has chosen the right thing, and it won't be taken away from her." ~ Luke 10:42

Praise and Coffee said...

So beautiful! I have been a worship leader for years too and knew exactly how you felt!

Hugs,
Sue

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!