Word-Filled Wednesday: Luke 11:1

I missed my three memes and regular visits to my favorite blogs last weekend. It's a long story. But, before I dive in to that... or should I say those, because it's going to be a series of stories, I would like to post my WFW first, before I miss another meme. These two, lovely, praying angels were given to my daughter ST and son ZT by ST's godmother, Malis. There is this recorded goodnight prayer in it which plays when their tummies are pressed. My daughter memorized it already, and she is so cute trying to sound like the voice of the American girl who recorded it.


Since I enrolled myself in the school of prayer and intercession, God actively situated me and my family in circumstances that will force me to exercise my faith-lessons. It was like signing up my entire family for inevitable problems. Good thing I and my hubby have the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide us in all truth. We are learning to discern how to pray and what to pray for in times of trials. To pray that God, the author of prayer, would teach us how to pray is really a wise thing to do. Testings, tribulations, troubles and temptations are typical times when we need wisdom in our prayers. When one of the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray like John the Baptist, He did not hesitate to instruct them. They were even told to ask, seek and knock, and promised that the Father will give the Holy Spirit to them who ask of Him. Writing these things down from the Bible is just so affirming!

For more inspiring pictures and Bible verses, visit The 160 Acre Woods.

6 Hearts who chimed in:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that.

Kristi said...

Great post! I recognize those Precious Moment dolls. My aunt collected similair dolls. Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

LOL..that's just too cute, perfect and simple enough to deliver a powerful punch! It's never too much or too late to ask our Father, "Lord teach me how to pray to You".

Love it.

Denise said...

Such a sweet post, those dolls are so cute.

Nancie said...

Thank you for this lovely post! Very sweet picture and precious verse. Thank God for helping you and hubby in difficult times. I am greatly encouraged to know of how both of you are able to pray and look to the Lord. This is so important especially in difficulties. God is in control and He can work all things for His glory and our good. Thanks for sharing this very encouraging post with us. So glad you can join us this week. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and God bless!

Michele Williams said...

Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement on my blog as well as your much appreciated prayers for my health. I have missed you... glad you are back blogging... God Bless,
Michele

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!