Then Sings My Soul: Lord, Have Mercy

LATE ENTRY
Click the title of the song to view the YouTube video.

I do not know Charles Billingsley and his song , Lord, Have Mercy, but this phrase was what I uttered again and again when I picked up my daughter from the foot of our 7step stairs. Have mercy, Lord, have mercy!

ST and her nanny were still singing past midnight when I passed by the nanny's room. Jessa explained that our girl would not like to drink her milk or sleep without her mama beside her. My hubby slept ahead beside our little boy, while I opted to work overtime on the video presentation for ZT's dedication that Sunday. I was instructing Jessa from the sala to convince ST to drink her milk, but before I finished, ST sneaked out and ran towards the dark staircase. She got thrilled when the door opened and ran away from Jessa who was then holding the can of Gain and a water-filled, feeding bottle. I remember her calling my name before her frail body tumbled down like a rag doll. The vintage point from where I was seated was directly facing the stairs. I could have picked her up before she landed the marble floor, but my knees buckled and was unmoved by denial and fear. It was a face to face with possible unrepairable damages, or worse, a permanent loss. And, I was very afraid.

Is this really happening? Aaaaaaaahhh... Jessa screamed; I screamed; my husband who heard the commotion screamed. We were all screaming as if the house was on fire! ST, who finally landed with her head first, screamed the loudest. God was so good to have given me the strength to pick her up at once, but to see the blood oozing from her mouth scared out the remaining strength in me. I saw how her head bounced from step to step, dragging her arms from the side. It was difficult to let go of the memory. The awful fall caused two, huge lumps on her forehead, and one at the left, and another one at the back. I was distraught at the sight of her swollen face. My little darling cried out in pain while I applied on the 3 ice cubes which my right hand held tightly until we reached the ER. My husband prayed for a taxi on his way to the Subdivision's gate, and we were blessed with the best driver who drove really fast and safely to the hospital. He even went against the flow in his hazard lights until we reached the closest U-turn towards the hospital's avenue.

The whole time we were in the taxi, MP and I were praying aloud. Lord, have mercy on our daughter! I tried to calm down, to ask her if she's ok, but when she said "painful... I'm sorry", I broke down again. I remember not feeling anything with my right palm while holding the ice cubes. My eyes were filled with tears; my mind was filled with prayers. Oh Lord, have mercy!

A comic relief came to the rescue though. Still on the road to the hospital, I asked...
"Can you see me?"
"I cannot see! I cannot see, Mama!"
"Are you sure? Look at me, baby. "
"I cannot look! Aaah, painful!"
"Baby, look at Mama. Be brave! Be brave!"
"I cannot brave! I cannot brave!"
I felt like laughing, but I embraced her instead. I praised God that her eyesight was fine, but I praised Him more that her thoughts were coherent. She answered the way she would under ordinary circumstance.

We felt the Lord's favor following us. The CT scan and the chest xray's initial results were negative for fracture. The doctor recommended that she stays in the hospital for observation, but there was no room available yet. After a few minutes, MP returned with a good news that a suite is vacant, and apparently, it was the same room where ST and ZT spent last April when they were stricken with Pneumonia. Our medical card can only subsidize the first 24 hours of the suite, after which, we have to transfer to the maximum allowable room rate which is a regular private. We were lined 7th in the private room reservation, and had a vacancy only in the late afternoon of Monday. We were grateful. We expected to pay for the excess of the remaining hours plus the additional xray for ST's forehead when the doctor felt a dent on both wounds. But, to our surprise, the card covered everything except for the nebulizer kit, cold pack and hot bag. All in all we only paid Php190 out of the Php18,000 total hospital bill. Jehovah Jireh & Rophei did it again! God answers the cries of His children. God's mercy endures forever!

Time and time again, we experience the hand of God carrying us through inevitable trials, proving to us that the only way to go is through letting go and letting God. ST's life is so precious to me and my hubby, but we have to remind ourselves that she is God's precious one, too. She is safest in the hallow of His hands.

For more inspirational entries, visit Amy Wyatt of Signs, Miracles and Wonders.

What a mighty God we serve!


P/S
Charles Billingsley really ministered to me with his soothing and beckoning voice.
Take time to listen to Kyrie: Lord, Have Mercy.


11 Hearts who chimed in:

Kristi said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm so thankful that everyone is fine and I am rejoicing with you today!

PS I tried the link the to the tag and it would not work...sorry!

Blessings to you and your sweet family. I loved the dedication day photos. What a blessed day that must have been.

Denise said...

Praising God that He took care of your precious, I love you.

Anonymous said...

praise God! hehe. kinilabutan ako while reading through your narration of how the accident happened. whew. hehe. hope to see ST on Sunday! and ZT as well. :D

-mark

Michele Williams said...

Praise the Lord that your little one is doing better... correct? Thank you for the update. I will certainly keep her in our prayers. What she said though was cute..."I cannot brave!" She was a little brave girl!

God bless your beautiful family.

Nancie said...

Thank God for protecting and restoring little ST! How my heart ache as I read this post, and keep thanking God for His mercies. It must have been a very frightening and traumatic experience for your family! Thank God that He is with you and family, guided all of you and provided for your need. It is indeed comforting to remember that God will keep each of His precious ones and our lives are in His loving hand. Thanks for sharing with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family. Hope ST continues to get better. Take care!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday to you my dear friend, I hope you enjoy your day. Dear Lord, please bless Gracie all the days of her life. Surround her with your love and care, may she always know how very precious she is. Thank you for creating Gracie, she is a beautiful gift to the world. Amen I love you my friend.

Anonymous said...

I almost stop reading...sobrang damang-dama ko kasi we also experienced the same thing with our RD. She just turned 1 when she fell out of bed, blood was all over her face too. C drove as fast as he could to get to the hospital and little RD had her fist xray...kakaawa talaga.

Sobrang Thank You talaga ako kay Lord.

Thank you Lord that ST is okay. Thank you Lord for answering Mommy G and Daddy MP's prayers. Thank you Lord.

Song: Healer by Mike Guglielmucci, Hillsong

Chorus:
I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus you're all I need

Nothing is imposible for you...
You hold my world in Your hands

Sunny Shell said...

Oh my precious sister! Yes, truly, what an awesome, merciful and compassionate God we serve and love! Bless His holy Name!

How is your daughter now? Is she well?

Bless you dear sister,
Sunny

P.S. Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog. :-)

Amydeanne said...

very cute pm dolls!

and gotta love G-d's testing of our faith.. oh how i've failed some, but I know he loves me so.

Peggy said...

Thank You Lord for protecting and watching over this precious little oe and her family! Thank You for Your mercies that are new every morning! Thank You for showing Great mercy and favor upon this family! This was so horrible to read but I'm glad she is alright and it was a better ending!

I did not know Charles B. either but this song and his voice are powerful and very dynamic! Thank you Clorful heart for sharing! Try to enjoy the weekend and rest in Our Lord's aMazing Grace & Love!

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh my, I'm so glad she's okay.

Isn't it incredibly wonderful that we only need to cry out "Lord have mercy" - beautiful song!!

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!