Children & Faith: Grace's Calling


Our daughter Grace takes her Bible to her public school. She shares with her friends who don't know Jesus. Last night while cuddling with me she quietly said, " Mom, I want to be a missionary when I grow up. I want to take Bibles to China where people can't get them...and if I perish I perish." (I almost fell off my bed) At 8 years old my prayer life for her has just been kicked up a notch... Posted by Joanne at "BLESSED"

What would you feel if your precious says such profession of faith? How would you respond to your child's earnest desire to obey the call for missions?

"37Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'" Matthew 9:37-38

*The image above is from http://the160acrewoods.com.

4 Hearts who chimed in:

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my daughter Grace. She is such a precious gift to her father and I.

...and truly my prayer life is getting kicked up quite a bit with statements like this, coming out of her little mouth.

Loved my time here at your blog...

In Him, Joanne

Technonana said...

Oh to have such child like faith!!

Michele Williams said...

What a sweet child! Praise the Lord!

Denise said...

May God greatly bless your daughter.

Post a Comment

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
Feel free to chime in and fill up my jars of clay. Thank you for caring enough to share your blessings. I humbly accept them. Shalom!